Tabula Rasa emulator development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TABULA RASA EMULATOR DEVELOPMENT

+11
Gunery SgtGears
TRowe93
Spectre
poyt10
aushi
Fireball
Marmbo
Averre
TabulaRasa
Kisuul
Admin
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

TABULA RASA EMULATOR DEVELOPMENT Empty TABULA RASA EMULATOR DEVELOPMENT

Post  Admin Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:06 pm

Tabula Rasa was a great game and there is no reason it isnt beeing played still but unfortunatly it has been abandoned and theres not much we can do now. EXCEPT!!!!!!!

EXCEPT!!!!!!!! Develop our own emulator i have checked other forums to see if there was a platform at which to discuss this and I had seen none so i am providing it.

we can take this to new heights its freeware

so if any one has a good idea on where and how to start
leaked code or the code in general or will ncsoft just let it go to us for free after all its public property now right well we need tp get the answears to these questions.

PLease apply to the forum if u have any kind of experience in programming ill make ya a co lead on this. I think we can do something great here. we need a alternative source from the regualr mmo style IE wow

so here it begins

Junry Gunns

Admin
Admin

https://tabularasaemu.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

TABULA RASA EMULATOR DEVELOPMENT Empty Lets do it!

Post  Kisuul Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:38 am

I love TR. Ive played it from the start. TR is the first game to put me in the position of loving a game I will no longer be able to play. Luckily I have the ability and resources to do something about it!!

I am a programmer with limited MMOStyle experience (Read as: I used to write code (Both hard and soft) for MUSH's and MUD's).

More importantly, Ive been using Wireshark to capture packet data from TR for a few days now.

Still I would be lying if I said I was confident I could write this on my own, which Is why I was thrilled to find a site dedicated to the idea. Even if the author has no idea how to spell Private Wink

Sign me up!

Kisuul

Back to top Go down

TABULA RASA EMULATOR DEVELOPMENT Empty I wish.

Post  TabulaRasa Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:02 pm

I wish I could help, but I don't know how to code. =) I hope people are still active on this forum because I want to play again since I bought the disk and all. Anyways, if you have the emulator up, just tell me =D

I might not be on these forums much considering there is only 8 registered users to date =\

But I'll come once per month to see how far it gets =)

Good luck!

TabulaRasa

Back to top Go down

TABULA RASA EMULATOR DEVELOPMENT Empty Re: TABULA RASA EMULATOR DEVELOPMENT

Post  Averre Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:40 am

Hate to burst your bubble OP, but Tabula Rasa isn't Freeware, if it was the source code would be public domain and you wouldn't need a emu in the first place.

Emu's aren't something you can just announce and 'poof' it's there, it takes an insane amount of time and extremely skilled people putting thousands of hours into every aspect of the project....a perfect example is Earth and Beyond, it took a ass ton of people three years to get a running emu up and it's still not 100%

Don't think that i'm coming down on you or trying to be an ass, but this is the cold, hard truth. Garriot is currently suing NCsoft over TR anyways because he was slowly pushed out of TR to the point where NCsoft gave false information, so he say's at least.

If this is the case Garriot might just win TR off of NCsoft, and knowing him he would probably just restart the servers out of spite, lord knows he has enough money and resources at his disposal to do so.

Averre

Back to top Go down

Post  Marmbo Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:14 am

I hope Garriot wins and gets the rights to TR and setups up his own servers! Stupid NC Soft!!

Blarrrgh!!! I need more TR still!

Last edited by Marmbo on Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Marmbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Fireball Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:19 pm

I have basic knowledge in programming and I want to help, so what's next?

Fireball

Back to top Go down

Post  aushi Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:22 am

Is this still alive?

aushi

Back to top Go down

Post  Marmbo Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:28 am

aushi wrote:Is this still alive?

I have no idea how to make an emulator myself. The start of the game Tutorial that you could play before going to boot camp, that was always the same so I wonder if that section was server based or ran the sequence on the local machine itself.

I'd be so happy just to play that start of the game tutorial right now !!! I want my purple firefly following me around and stuff. I miss Tracy W Bush's awesome music (not that I didn't rip it all out of the game) when playing games. I know you can inject your own music into some games easily such as Oblivion but it's not the same when your not running around blasting bane with a shotgun or rocket launcher :<

Marmbo

Back to top Go down

Post  aushi Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:22 am

I miss this game so much, I managed to run game(intro sure is nice) but I think that's all i can do now. I'll try to programm server but it's probably too hard for me.

Does anyone know how to patch TR manually ?

Better, does anyone have any packets or some kind of other useful info I won't let this game die even if I have to spend half my life writing code for emu. I only have stuff from debugging game, anything would be helpful.

Last edited by aushi on Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:21 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Update)

aushi

Back to top Go down

Post  Marmbo Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:17 am

I don't know much about how it ran other that from what I can tell the regular game everything was server based. I assume the server would send info on where what type of creatures are, what direction they are facing, moving and current status. When a player got close enough the creature <if responding to player proximity> would take on a set action like A) Run for cover B) Fire at the player on the spot C) Call others nearby in Radius X to fire at player, etc. :< I never did any packet grabbing for raw data of what was sent back and forth and I don't think any code for the game was ever leaked out.

I don't know if Richard Garriot sued with success to get the rights to it either, filthy NC Soft.

Marmbo

Back to top Go down

Post  poyt10 Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:41 am

Try to find illegal sites that have this stuff.

poyt10

Back to top Go down

Post  Marmbo Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:34 pm

I did try, but could not find any :< Still want to play TR more so bad!

Marmbo

Back to top Go down

TABULA RASA EMULATOR DEVELOPMENT Empty The Game

Post  Spectre Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:39 pm

I currently have the game installed on my computer. I have no experience in coding or anything of that sort however I do wish to contribute to this project if it is still in the works. if you all need anything from me just let me know

Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Marmbo Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:10 pm

Spectre wrote:I currently have the game installed on my computer. I have no experience in coding or anything of that sort however I do wish to contribute to this project if it is still in the works. if you all need anything from me just let me know

I don't know how to program something like this either :< I still wanna play more Tabula Rasa so bad!!!

Marmbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectre Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:02 pm

I have heard of 2 people that have actually dissected the Source Code... this may come in handy... I will attempt to retrieve the info from them

Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  TRowe93 Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:28 pm

Is this project still in development?

I'm not a coder, but you should really keep this up! TR had potential, but it was born in a rather bad environment.

TRowe93

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectre Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:15 pm

I am trying to keep this up but I am having difficulties with the whole source code bit.

Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Marmbo Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:11 am

Spectre wrote:I have heard of 2 people that have actually dissected the Source Code... this may come in handy... I will attempt to retrieve the info from them

Sweet Jesus!!!

I don't know much about gaming code but I know that source code is a must for coding a local or private server.

Marmbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectre Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:36 pm

http://jhwork.net/ seems someone already has an emulator in the works check out this site

Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post  Gunery SgtGears Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:01 am

GUYS!!! there is an emulator alrdy in progress, starting at http://www.changingwind.org/savetr/news.php
a user by the name J.H.work has started an emulator at http://jhwork.net/
So come help us out Very Happy well get a server running eventually Very Happy

Gunery SgtGears

Back to top Go down

Post  Marmbo Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:36 pm

HOLLY CRAP!! YES!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome!!

Marmbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Freke Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:21 am

This shit's dead, isn't it? :/

Freke

Back to top Go down

Post  Marmbo Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:32 pm

Freke wrote:This shit's dead, isn't it? :/

I await a new champion to pick up the torch. I wish I had the skills to do so myself but I don't :< G-damn I need to play more TR!!!

Marmbo

Back to top Go down

Post  hammer326 Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:26 pm

Hello,

I am new to the project and just want to see my beloved game come back. Has anyone thought of getting a hold of those over at what WAS infiniterasa? I think some of them may help.

hammer326

Back to top Go down

Post  Marmbo Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:58 pm

I know right? I was so happy when I could load the client I paid for and actually use it for something other than just watching the Intro screen and credits! Running around in game even in the condition it was in at the time was so awesome again!

hammer326 wrote:Hello,
I am new to the project and just want to see my beloved game come back. Has anyone thought of getting a hold of those over at what WAS infiniterasa? I think some of them may help.

Marmbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum